VideoPier makes it very easy to transfer clips from these camcorders to a central location on their Mac, without requiring any conversion, without any loss in quality. The clips appear grouped by Events in the VideoPier.
VideoPier handles AVCHD material on your disk or from your AVCHD camcorder without requiring any conversion. VideoPier will then let you export those AVCHD files that you need for your project in any format that you like. With VideoPier, you can work with AVCHD files even on Macs where iMovie08 is not supported.
VideoPier is built on top of the ffmpeg open-source component. This component provides very high quality video processing and support for a wide variety of formats.
VideoPier features :
- detect your camcorder and let you visualize all clips.
- import clips that have been already been copied to disk.
- Createévent for imported. clips
- Visualize your clips, including their date.
- makes multi-clip playback in the embedded player or in full screen.