VideoPier HD makes it very easy to transfer clips from these camcorders to a central location on their Mac, without requiring any conversion, without any loss in quality. The clips appear grouped by Events in the VideoPier.
VideoPier HD handles AVCHD material on your disk or from your AVCHD camcorder without requiring any conversion. VideoPier will then let you export those AVCHD files that you need for your project in any format that you like. With VideoPier, you can work with AVCHD files even on Macs where iMovie08 is not supported.
VideoPier HD is built on top of the ffmpeg open-source component. This component provides very high quality video processing and support for a wide variety of formats.
VideoPier HD adds the ability to capture from tape based HDV camcorders. VideoPier HD speaks with Final Cut and lets you export your HD clips in a format that is ready for editing.
VideoPier HD features :
- import clips that have been already been copied to disk.
- create events for the imported clips (events are organized by year like in iMovie 08).
- visualize your clips, including their date.
- Make capture from flux HDV from camera DV without conversion
- makes multi-clip playback in the embedded player or in full screen.
- Export in XML to Final Cut Pro/express and Avid Media Composer