The NOV Rich Text Editor is a fully featured, cross-platform text processor which aims to deliver fast and robust text and document processing abilities to your applications.It is not "Just Another Text Processor" as NOV Rich Text Editor was built from the ground up to bridge the gap between HTML and old text processing models (Word), and at the same time to deliver features not found in either of them. As a result NOV Text Editor can edit both word-like and html documents.
The main features of the Text Editor control are:
- Character Formatting
- Paragraph Formatting
- Bullets and Numbering
- Group Blocks
- Image Formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, Animated GIF, EMF, WMF
- Text Formats - currently, NOV Text provides support for the following Text Formats: TXT, RTF, HTML, PDF (export only)
- Editing Features:
In place property editing
Views - Normal, Print and Web view
Header / Footer
Unlimited Undo / Redo
Find / Replace
Insert Image from File, Insert Field, Insert Hyperlink
Formatthe current selection as bullet list
Increase / Decrease block indentation
Horizontal and Vertical Ruler Bars
- Performance - NOV Text is the World’s fastest text processor and is able to process huge amounts of text. It can easily handle 1000+ page documents. The control is approximately five times faster than MS Word in both RTF import and layout processing speed.
- Paging Control - The control supports page formatting instructions at every level of the document tree including tables and floating blocks. This means you can insert page breaks inside table cells or floating blocks,which is not achieved by any other text processing program.
- Widgets - You can embed every other widget found in NOV inside the text content which allows you to build HTML like interfaces. The Widgets can be persisted in text binary and xml formats (NTB and NTX), printed and exported to PDF.