The program is intended for search of the similar images (duplicates) in the large collections. The supported graphic file formats are JPEG, GIF, BMP, PCX, PNG, TIFF, PGM, WMF, EMF, EPS, PSD, ICO. The comparison is based on the contents of images, not depending on their sizes, formats, resolutions, etc. There are advanced opportunities of cataloging the galleries available on CDs and of further off-line work with them. At that the comparison of new images with those of included into the gallery takes much less time, than complete rescanning the gallery, and is possible even if the CD itself with imaging data is absent. There are internal facilities for comparison, deletion (including groups of images), movement, and update of files, change of gallery root directory binding.
Main Features of ImageDupeless:
- it is possible to store optionally thumbnails of the images and to work in the off-line mode;
- it is possible to compare a gallery with new images without its rescanning and even if source gallery images are absent (only the gallery file is used) and to compare a gallery with another one;
- it is possible to find the images similar to the given one in the gallery;
- it is possible to store results of search of duplicates;
- it is possible to refresh quickly a gallery, bringing it to conformity with files on a disk without their recurring reading (including refresh after moving the gallery to new place);
- it is possible to set the user-defined list of unlike images;
- it is possible to mark improper duplicates for further removal automatically according to user-defined conditions;
- obvious and user-friendly representation of duplicate search results;
- it is possible to vary "performance/convenience" ratio by changing parameters;
- it is possible to work with descriptions of available images from the file "descript.ion";
- it is possible to export/import the lists of duplicates and unlike images to/from an external text file.