How to copy and burn a DVD movie with DVD Shrink 3.2 and Nero.
These are the quick, easy instructions “a cheat sheet”, if you will. You can do an internet search for more detailed instructions and screen shots.
1. Open DVD Shrink 3.2.
2. Insert your DVD movie in your DVD drive.
3. Select “Open Disc”.
4. The “Open DVD Disc” box pops up. Select the location of your DVD drive and click “OK”.
5. Now the software will analyze your DVD. A box with “___% Analyzing” will appear. This only takes about 2 minutes to complete.
6. To copy only the main movie (i.e. no menus, extras, etc.), click Re-Author. Drag and drop “Title 1” under the “Main Movie” heading (on the right side of the box) to the left part of the screen under â”DVD”. Then click “Backup!” OR To copy the whole DVD, click “Backup!”
7. A box will appear. For “Select backup target” choose”Hark Disk folder”. For “Select target folder for DVD output files”, chose “C:\_______” (substitute the name of whatever move you are copying. For example C:\NANNY MCPHEE). Select “OK”.
8. Now the software will copy/encode your DVD. A box with “___% Encoding” will appear. This takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
9. Once this is done, a message will appear that says “DVD Shrink has finished backing up your DVD. All output files are now ready for burning with appropriate DVD burning software.” Click”OK”.
10. Close DVD Shrink 3.2.
11. Take the DVD movie out of the drive and insert a blank DVD+R disc. Make sure you have a DVD drive that is capable of burning. A DVD drive that says “DVD-ROM” won’t do it, because it’s just a read-only drive.
12. Open Nero. When the New Compilation window appears select”DVD” from the drop down list, and select “DVD-Video”. Select “New”.
13. Drag and drop the entire contents of the VIDEO-TS directory on the right side of the box to the VIDEO-TS directory on the left.
14. Select “Burn.”
15. A Burn Compilation box appears. Select “Burn” again. This takes about 25 â€“ 30 minutes to complete. You now have a DVD that can be played in any DVD player.